Hola a todos! I knew I'd be really bad at blogging and my progress thus far hasn't proved this wrong. I finally made it to Nicaragua. After a full day of staging in DC on Tuesday, we boarded the plane on Wednesday morning at 7:00 am. From there, we flew into Miami, took a quick picture to document our last time on American soil, and then flew into Managua. Since then, we've had three days of getting tons of information thrown at us about what the Peace Corps, and more specifically, the next three months of training will be like. We also did language placement tests to determine our training groups. What's it like to be in Nicaragua you ask? Well, I found a salamander on my pillow last night, which helped remind me that I was not in Wisconsin anymore The last few days though, our entire staging group has been staying in a nice hotel in Managua, so it feels a little like a vacation. The hotel is gorgeous and consists of small, colorful cabins with a pool and communal dining room. Tomorrow we go out into our training sites and spend our first day with our host families.
Speaking of which....I finally know where I'm going to be for the next three months! I will be training with three other environmental volunteers in the town of El Rosario in the province of Carazo. I can't find too much on the town, probably because its so small (the population is around 2,000). My host family consists of a host mother, father, and their three daughters, all of which look to be in the age group of 10-16 years old. I'm extremely excited to meet all of them. Hopefully they like me!
Until next then! A quick fyi: I most likely won't have internet for the next week so if you don't hear from me, don't worry. I'll be back on in a week to update you on my new living situation.
Nica 62 Environmental Volunteers!
No comments:
Post a Comment